Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sharing different heartbeats...



Sony Europe recently released an incredible commercial featuring seemingly millions of bouncy balls that are poured down the elevated streets of San Francisco. Combined with the music, this clip is an extremely moving experience, especially for me, as someone who's grown up in the Bay Area. I have such powerful romantic feelings for San Francisco and somehow this throw away Ad for flat-screen TVs has brought them out of me. I'm touched. Thanks for putting this together Danish guy (Nicolai Fuglsig)/Sony (European Division)/Jose Gonzales (Swedish Guy)/The Knife (Swedish Duo).

You can see the 180 second version of the ad and making of docs at www.bravia-advert.com. I think the message Sony is trying to convey here is that the product's so good that the largest segment of the commercial's audience shouldn't even be allowed to buy it. Sony is clever like that. They're really stuffing muskrats and blowing minds with this one.

The song featured is a Jose Gonzales cover of The Knife's Heartbeats.
Both are featured here, at ICBJOD.

The Knife - Heartbeats 6.2 megs
Jose Gonzales - Heartbeats 3.7 megs

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should be noted that Jose Gonzalez is Swedish, not Danish.

John O'Day said...

I'm sorry, I meant the director of the commercial, Nicolai Fuglsig. He's danish. I guess I should have been more clear.
I had no idea Jose Gonzales is Swedish. That's so wild. I had to Wiki the dude to even figure out what you were talking about.

Francesco said...

Hi John, sorry if i am using this comment for this comunication but i didn’t find any contact to mail you. With my italian blog we are doing a huge music-survey (top-ten 2005 album) contacting all the music-blog around the world. I want your music-blog partecipates to our survey. On my blog www.indiefordummies.blogspot.com there is a post (02 december post) with all the informations to how partecipate. thanks for your time, i hope you like the idea.

Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

Anonymous said...

Greetings!...
- icanbejohnoday.blogspot.com f
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma